Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gettin' your Boss good on April Fool's Day...

When I interviewed for this job, my Boss Denise and the other Admin Assist. Nicole had said that they had hired 3 people within the last month and none of them could handle the responsibilities.. So being as today is April Fool's, what better way to get my Boss then to tell her I quit!
Recently we have changed our software and it has been really hard to learn and kind of stressfull at times, so we have all said a time or two that we just want to quit.

When I got here this morning, Denise wasn't here, I told Nicole to pretend like she hadn't heard from me this morning. I moved my Tahoe from where I usually park so that when Denise came in to work she wouldn't see it. She pulled up and I ran into the shop. Nicole asked Denise if she had heard from me. I called from my cell phone and asked to talk to Denise. I told her that I just couldn't handle all of the changes and it was just making me stressed out, and that I had to quit. She asked if this was a April Fool's joke and I sternly told her no. I told her I would be in later to bring back my phone and get my things from my desk. You could here that she was shocked and a little pissed. She just said ok and hung up.. I was laughing so hard.. I knew I had her good!!

I quietly came in through the shop into the office, she was sitting by Nicole's desk and I could see them both through a picture. I heard Denise say, "I guess we'll have to start looking for someone else to replace her." And then Nicole said, (without laughing) "Just last week she was saying that she loved this job, I can't believe it." At that time I walked around the corner and Denise almost died!!

It was so funny, both Nicole and I were dying of laughter, and I thought Denise was going to cry.. We got her so good, she is still commenting about it. She says she is going to get us back, but I just don't see how she can.. I love April Fool's when someone actually believes the joke!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

How funny! And mean too ;)