Monday, April 28, 2008

**Update on Michayla**

It is so emotional when your kids get hurt. I have felt so very bad for Sis the past few days, she hasn't been able to eat much. We got her some soup, yogurt, applesauce, ice cream and shakes, she keeps saying how hungry she is, but she's not allowed to solid food for a few more days.

This morning we got up and headed to the Oral Surgeon's office. Once we got in there, they took X-rays of her mouth. From those they decided to pull the baby teeth (which I had already figured them doing), and the Dr. said when they get those out they will decide if she needs braces to hold the permanent teeth in place. So the nurse took her off down the hall, and I wasn't allowed to go with her. I think that might have been the hardest part..

40 gruling minutes later, the nurse finally came to the lobby and said she was out of anesthesia and in recovery. When I went back there she was shivering and crying.. I almost lost it, but the nurse kind of talked both of us out of the crying.. She looked better, her upper lip was pretty swollen, they removed the baby teeth and in doing that the perm teeth were really loose so they decided to put braces on her two front teeth to hold them in place..

I took her to McDonalds where I bought her a vanilla shake, and then headed to the pharmacy to get her pain medicine. About an hour after we got home, the numbness wore off and she started hurting pretty bad.. I rocked her to sleep and she slept for about 2 hours.

So far, she is doing good. A little pain here and there, we did brush her teeth tonight very carefully, after 3 days of not being able to, man did it help.. :)

Thank you to all who thought of her and called about her today, it was really nice of you all. She is eager to go to school tomorrow, don't know how long she will actually stay, I am sure I have a pile of work to get done, so hopefully she will do ok..

Here's her picture, still has a little road rash under her nose, but she's still beautiful as can be!!

Thanks again for your thoughts/prayers..


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh poor girl!! Glad she is doing ok!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, still as pretty as can be!

Kelly said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay. She's still beautiful! :)

Cassie said...

oh no...you're right. I didn't comment on here. Sorry! I think the braces are cute ;)