Saturday, March 29, 2008

I can see the light..

This whole moving process, has been just that, quite the process.. I didn't think we would ever get ALL of our stuff from the old house. Today we made yet another trip to the old house for yet what feels like the 100th trip.. Everything is out of the house, I managed to get it vaccumed and swept. I still need to return to clean the sink in the kitchen and my bathroom. Our camp trailer is still there along with probably 5-6 things from the shop. Tomorrow hopefully will be our last trip. We are taking the trailer to Mick's brother's house.

I did get things done around the new house today. Mick is starting to feel a little under the weather. He has a cough and a slight fever, so he slept most of the day. I did however get him to help me hang my pictures around the house. Now it is feeling more like home.

The kids didn't waste any time on finding new friends in the neighborhood. There were probably 5 in and out of the house today. There is a house that is still under construction across the street with a huge dirt mound, and that is where the kids spent most of the day. Playing in the dirt and digging holes and what not. I am glad that they have friends over here. Michayla really misses Kaitlyn that lived two houses down, but hopefully they can still remain friends from a distance. Not the same as just coming down the street, but they can talk on the phone and go over to eachother's houses.

I am rather upset at the weather people we have around here. They had said all week that today it was going to rain and be crappy. I had initally wanted to have a garage sale, but when I heard that I didn't plan on it. How disappointing when today actually ended up being a decent day! I really need to have one, there is so much crap in the garage that Mick can't put anything where it needs to go until all of the "junk" leaves the garage. Hopefully next weekend. That is Clay's first Baseball game weekend, but I am sure we can work something out and still have it if the weather is nice.

We just got done watching Hairspray, I do have to say, that's a different movie. John Travolta as a woman.. Not the prettiest woman either..

I better get to bed, tomorrow I am finally going to catch up with Cassie and have lunch. It sucks sometimes working fulltime, I don't get to chat it up with a lot of people, but am glad for the friends that are still there even when time takes us away for a while. So, lunch with her, then to Mick's brother's house so Clay can work w/ his pig, then to Mick's folk's house for a beleated Cornbeef and Cabbage diner.. Busy busy..

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Your new house is so cute! Can I please have that kitchen and masterbed/bath? Lunch was fun- it was nice meeting you! =)