We had a very busy weekend. Sat started early with my garage sale. I had so much stuff to get rid of, Mick and I got up early Sat morning to get everything out on the driveway. Luckily the weather was pretty decent. I had advertised on Craigslist and Mick put up signs, so I was sure I would get a lot of garage salers.. We sold quite a bit of stuff, but around 11:30am I got a phone call (which when you aren't there to see it, freaks you out) but Mick called to say that Clay had gotten hit in the face by a baseball at his game and that his nose might be broken!!! AHH, I instantly wanted to get over to him but had this darn garage sale in my way. I tried to see if my sister would come over and watch the sale but she had Abigail's T-Ball pictures, so after not really having anyone stop by for about a half hour, I shoved it all back into the garage and headed to the game.
Now anyone who knows Clay knows he isn't a sissy about getting hurt, I think I make a bigger deal of it than he does for sure. I got there and he had blood all over his pants and face. His nose was really swollen and he didn't look good at all. BUT, he didn't want to be babied!! He sat out an inning and then got right back in the game. When he was up to bat, he was hit in the shoulder by the ball.. I am thinking, oh my goodness, what else can happen to him today.. He shook it off and walked to 1st base.. They ended the day winning their game 14 to 11. Good thing Clay really likes Baseball, I think most kids it would have scarred and they might not want to play again, but not my little trooper, he just gets right back out there.. I just love the little guy.
Sunday he woke up and his eye is swollen and getting the bruise going on, his nose is still swollen and he is breathing out of his mouth (which drives me crazy).. Today, Monday his eye is looking a little worse, and his nose is still swollen, but he isn't complaining about anything. I don't know if it's broken, it's too swollen to tell right now, there isn't a bump on it, it's just really wide on his face. I haven't taken him to the Dr. and I am not sure if I will. I called and there really isn' much they can do until the swelling goes down, so we'll see how it's looking the middle of the week.
Sunday was spent shopping for kids clothes with my sister. My kids have out grown all of their clothes, and I was trying to wait until Spring/Summer before I bought them new stuff. We went and found 5-6 outfits for both of them, Michayla was so excited to wear her new clothes today! It's kind of funny, but she really loves Hannah Montana and since getting her hair permed she wants to dress just like her and the wierd thing is, she kind of looks like she could be her younger sister.. Too funny!!
We went to dinner at Cook's with our friends and then home to finish the laundry. It was a good weekend, but went by so fast..
**Still wishing I could find my camera cord to download pictures*** Sorry, a few more boxes to go through hopefully it's around somewhere..
1 comment:
Poor clay! Good for him for getting back into the game!
Post a Comment