I have to say how proud I am of Clay this year! He has completely turned around academically from last year. I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that he has a great teacher that is nice and likes him, therefore Clay tries hard to please her and so far it has worked for him! He has 4 A's, 5 B's and 1 C. The C was in math because he didn't turn in a worksheet, interesting how that 1 turned his average to a C, but he is doing great! I am so proud and want him to feel encouraged to keep up the hard work! He usually gets his homework done first thing when he gets home. He still doesn't like to read, so that is our challenge with him, but eventually he will get it that books are very interesting..
Clay has a lot of privileges, he gets to go boating, snowmobiling, hunting, riding 4 wheelers, has a cell phone. He knows that he has to try hard and do well in school in order to keep all of those privileges. So far, so good!
Clay loves to be rough and tough and act like such a boy, but he is really kind hearted. Our elderly neighbor and Clay have become great friends. Clay goes over and hangs out with Mr. Green, listens to his stories, learns how to tie knots and lately has been going over every night to help him feed his cows. I think it is so sweet, and he refers to him as Mr. Green. If Clay can't go help he wants to call to let him know he can't come. I think it is just so respectable for him to want to help.
Michayla was the only student in her class to get all S+'s. Her teacher said that she doesn't typically give Satisfactory + to any students, but Michayla does so well with all of her assignments, and is always willing and able to help anyone if they don't understand, reads above and beyond her grade level, so she felt it was appropriate. I am a very proud momma these days! Michayla loves to write, read chapter books and is of course always a little helper.
I really like the school's that the kids are going to this year, not that the other schools were really bad, but they have great teachers, activities and school functions.
I expect great things for my kids this year!
More to come: Halloween..
2 comments:
I'm a very proud Aunt too!
That's fabulous! You should be very proud!
Post a Comment