I have recently found out that there is a lot to do with 10 acres.. Besides keeping up on the house work and mowing the very green lush grass, we have other things to do.
***Fertilizing:We have about 4 - 5 gal buckets and 2 50lb bags of pasture fertilizer. There are specific instructions to fertilizing the pasture. We need to harrow it really well to break up all of the horse poo, then we have to hand spred (something I am not looking forward to) all of the fert. I don't mean hand spread with our hands but with one of the spreaders that has two wheels. I am going to look into Tates and see if they have a spreader that we can rent. One we can hook up to the back of our 4 wheeler.
Then I have to keep the horses off of the pasture for 2 weeks. OMG, that is going to be difficult. They hate being locked up in the runs. I know that it is going to be interesting to see if they don't kick something over or chew their way through the logs that seperate them from one another.
Sara (our landlord) says that the grass grows really well. Within two weeks we will have tall green grass and it will keep growing through the summer.
***Weed control: The weeds can get totally out of control around here. And with this weather they are growing more ever. We should have sprayed last weekend when it wasn't raining, but it was windy and Mick was affraid that it would blow into his garden. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can get a hand on it. I know that if we don't now, it's going to get out of control!
***Windows and blinds: With all of the dirt/dust that is around this place it's no wonder we need to clean the windows and blinds. I like to open the windows most days to just get a fresh smell in the house, therefore I now have really dirty blinds and the normal gunk in the tracks of the windows. I have contemplated on hiring someone to come and do that ~ it really is something I don't want to do nor do I have the time to do. We'll see what I can talk Mick into..
***Front Bathroom: I painted that bathroom before we moved in here. It had ancient wallpaper, so my Sister helped me paint it. I haven't done anything with it since. I would like to get some wallpaper up, and buy some accessories. I need to get the frost window paper that you can attach to the window because the cats "when" they had claws ruined the blinds in their so now I need to do something else.
***Brush the dogs: You'd think that with working at a Vet Clinic where we do bath/brushes that I could do that for my own dogs. It's a little harder than that. I could take them in and do it myself, but that means I would have to do it when I am not working. When I am not working I am usually at some sport event, so I don't think about going in. If I was to take them in when I am working I would have to pay someone to do it, so I guess I will just have to keep doing it here at home when I have an extra 15 mins. But I need to do it soon, because I am tired of sweeping up enough hair that I could make a stuffed dog with.
We have enough to keep us busy around here for quite a while. We have about another month of Baseball/Softball, then we won't do anything through the summer, besides camping and a vacation or two.
I am not complaining, I love any reason to keep me at home, I am kind-a a home body, I like taking pride in where we live and making it look nice.
We have a month before our Party at the house, so we have a lot to do to get it looking even better..
1 comment:
Whew...that made me tired! You are one of the busiest people I know!
Post a Comment