Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last week of b-ball & school..

This week offically marks the last week of baseball for both kids and Friday is the last day of school.
I think that the kids have really enjoyed their sport this year. Michayla has had a great time finally playing the sport that she has watched her brother play for so many years. She mainly played catcher position, and she did great! She is such an energetic, team player. She always volunteered to help coach out with anything. She caught a few hits in the arm but powered right through it and kept on playing. Catche is a hard postition to play just because you can get hit by some pretty fast balls. Great job to her this season for playing so well!
Clay has enjoyed that his Grandpa has been his coach and that Mick has been the umpire to all of his games. My dad had quite the challenge to coach a team of rowdy boys. He did a great job, although the team wasn't the best in the league, I think these boys came really far from where they started from! I believe my dad is done coaching, and probably will only volunteer to be an Asst. Coach next year. Clay is trying to talk Mick into being the coach, we'll see how far that goes. It's a lot of work being the coach..
I can't believe that I am going to have a 6th grader and 3rd grader next year. Time has just flown by. Both kids did great in school. I was so proud to see Clay's grades were A's & B's this year. Last year was hard on all of us with a not very nice teacher. I am glad that he has had a great teacher. Michayla is doing great. She loves to read, write and is a very high achiever in her class. I hope she continues to like school as much as she does today.
Kuna doesn't have 6th grade in Middle school, and I can honsetly say I am glad. They brought it back into Elem. school so that the 6th graders have time to adjust. It's hard to be thrown into middle school at that age, and I think by the time they get to middle school they will be a little more mature and it should be more benificial to them at that time.
This summer the kids are going to the B&G Club in Meridian again. It's a great way for them to do fun activities at a reasonable price. They are looking forward to getting back and seeing their friends they made last year.

We went camping at Owyhee Res. over the weekend. Mick & Michayla left Friday night w/ my parents. Jason & Darcy were already up there. I stayed behind because I had to work Sat and Clay didn't get to go on this trip because of some bad decisions he made at school on Friday. As a punishment he wasn't allowed to go. My sister wasn't going so she offered to keep him till Sunday. Although I am sure it wasn't quite a "punishment" to stay with her, it wasn't a reward to go fishing/camping either. Mick & I are starting to buckle down on that issue with Clay. I adore that child but he doesn't understand just how hard he is making it on himself when he doesn't behave. I guess he'll just miss out on going if things don't change.
I realize that it is only going to get more challenging the older he gets. I certainly don't want to see Clay go down the wrong road in life, and it's at this age where we have to rein him in inorder to control what happens down the road. **Oh- the challenges of raising kids.** And to think in only 2 more years I'll have a teenager.. WOW!!
Anyhow, I headed up there with the dogs after work and got to the camp site about 6 ish. We didn't take the camper this time because we want to do more tent camping so that we can take the 4 wheelers more, but after the windstorm that we tried to sleep through and the rain we had to get out of, I deffinately am addicted to the camper and love all of the anemities that is gives us. So, the tires are going to be replaced and we will be taking it from here on out.
Sat they caught about 230 crappie fish. They were only keeping 9" and longer, so they ended up keeping about 160. I am not a fishing person. I don't like waiting for a fish to get on the line, but Mick says I would have liked this because they were catching them like crazy. We had a good weekend.

Monday we went and saw Grandma Betty, ran a few errands, then came home to hang out for the rest of the day.
I am finally back at my work out routine. I completely fell off of it due to being at B-ball practices and games everyday of the week and Sat. I was either working and scrambling to get to all of those things, or just too darn tired. Last night I got back to the gym and hope to bring it back into my weekly routine from here on out.

There's our weekend in a nutt shell. Hope everyone is enjoying this great summer weather we are having!!

1 comment:

amanda said...

It was nice to have Clay around this weekend! He'll have to come for a weekend he's not in trouble.
Looking forward to summer!!