We had a great Christmas, and it's not over yet. X-mas eve we went to Mick's Grandma's house and had dinner and opened presents w/ her and Mick's Aunt and cousins.. It was nice, the kids recieved new clothes, which is always appreiciated. We finally put the kids to bed around 10 or so, and they were both so excited about Santa coming. ** Now Clay does and doesn't belive in Santa, sometimes he says he doesn't and that he knows it is Mick and I, and then when I talk "Santa" up he starts to believe in him again, so it's kind of a catch 22 with a 10 1/2 yr old buy**
Anyhow, so we wait till about 11 before we go to the barn and get Sis' big present to bring into the house, and then we start filling the stockings. 11:30 and Michayla is up and going to the bathroom and not wanting to go back to bed... AHH, I paniced when she started towards the living room. I detoured her to her room. We waited till a little after midnight and decided we were good to go to bed. I don't know how many times thru the night that those two came into our rooms saying "Santa came, can we open our presents?" Umm, I looked at the clock it was 1am, 3:30, 4:30 and finally at 6am a sleep deprived mother got up. Of course I remembered that the camera was in the truck from the trip to Grandma Betty's so I went to get it and decided I better just feed the horses while I was out there..
Anyhow, came back in and they both opened their stockings first and then onto the presents. Sis was so excited that she got a new dresser from Santa and Clay almost passed out when he opened his new hunting coat! Along with all their other gifts they had a great time opening presents.
My parents and Amanda and family showed up. Mick made scrambled eggs and sausage, I made cinnamon rolls and Amanda brought pull-aparts. It was a nice gathering.. Opened gifts again. Clay got a new sling for his 22 that he bought with his pig earnings. Michayla got a new desk and chair and some necklace making kits. My mom was nice enough to buy me new dishes, I so needed them. Two years ago she bought me new silverware, so my kitchen attire is rather nice now.. Mick of course got Cabelas gift cert. and some new outdoor shoes.
Then my folk's took the kids and we went to see Marley & Me. I read the book a couple years ago and I just loved it. The movie was really well done, it compared to the book rather well. Then to Mom's for dinner and home to put all of Sis' things together. Clay spent the night at mom and dad's so he could go hunting w/ Dad on Friday and Snowmobiling on Sat. Maybe I'll get him back on Sunday.
Sunday night we go to Mick's folk's house to exchange gifts with them. We usually spred X-mas out over 3 days just so we don't have to do so much running around in one day..
I am putting together a photo slide to post, but will wait to post till after Sunday. Hope everyone had a great Christmas with their families...
2 comments:
Cute background! And I thought my kids getting up at midnight was bad, but they went back to until 7:30 ;) Sounds like a nice Christmas.
I can't believe how excited they were. It reminds me of us, staying up all night, walking downstairs to see Santa had come and running into mom and dad's room to tell them. I guess I can believe how excited they were!
Thanks for hosting Christmas this year. The movie was a great idea too!
Post a Comment