Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy weekend..

My weekend started early on Thursday. Mick had been sick since last Sunday, it was pretty bad for about 3 days, then Clay woke up Thursday morning and had a fever and a terrible cough. Mick has not been working but 1-2 days a week, and of course the one day he is called to work, is the day that Clay is sick. I was scheduled to work 10 hours that day so I couldn't really call in sick. Clay went to work with Mick, he was fixing some things so Clay just hung out in the truck. After I got to work we looked at the schedule, it wasn't busy and almost all of us were there due to it being a Surgery day so I was able to go to Nampa and take Clay home.

We did some errands before coming home then Clay was banned to the cough and some medicine and eventually took a little nap. It definitely isn't like it was when he was little. Before you could give him some medicine and he'd be out, now it's a huge ordeal, he thinks he's to old to rest, but I got him to anyway.

Friday was Clay's X-mas Concert, he felt a little better that morning, he was excited about the concert so there was no keeping him home from school. Mick and I took the opportunity to go to Cabelas so we could finish Clay's x-mas shopping. It never fails that when we go there Mick just "happens" to find something in the bargain cave that he just has to have.. :)
Clay's concert was at 1, Amanda and the girls came and it was a nice concert. Some kids used the percussion instruments and sounded great. Afterwards we ran some Scentsy to my niece Shannon's teacher and then home.
I have been using my myspace to get a few friends' address for X-mas cards and had told our friends the Anderson's that if they were coming into town for the holidays to call. With apologies Shannon contacted me and wanted us to get together Friday night for drinks. We hadn't seen them both since right before the moved about 3 years ago. We met up at the Ram in Meridian, thank you Amanda for watching the kids on such short notice. It was nice seeing them, they really haven't changed.

Sat Mick got up early to go Goose/Duck hunting. My dad has a special membership to some blind in Nampa, the Geese always fly but have gotten smart and fly around the blind. Oh well they still came home with 6 ducks.
Sat night was both Mick and I's company X-mas parties. This being our first we wanted to go to them both. Of course they started at the same time. Mick's was in Meridian at the Golf course and mine was at our Dr.'s house in Star. We went to Mick's at 6-8 then mine 8:30-10:30.. It was nice to see all the guys that Mick talks about.
Sunday Mick and Clay and my dad got up and went goose hunting, the weather was perfect, a overcast and snowing, couldn't ask for better conditions. They got 3 Geese this time.. I dropped Sis off with Amanda and the girls at church and then went and sat with my Grannie for about 3 hours till church got out.
My Grannie is looking and doing wonderfully. Great news is that she gets to go home on Thursday! I am excited for her but bummed that she'll be back out in Homedale, it's so easy to see her here in Meridian. I guess that just means we'll be making more frequent trips out there. She is trying to make arrangements to move into Meridian, I hope all that pans out for them.
Then it was home to start laundry and all of that stuff for the work week preparations. Cass came by to get some Scentsy that she bought, she looked too cute in her little van. When I was saying goodbye, Ella (her wild child) was sitting in the passenger window, stradling it. She cracks me up. Always keeping Cassie on her toes.. Too fun, for her.. ;0)

I can't believe that X-mas is in a little over a week. And, in 1 month from today my baby turns 8 yrs old. Oh my goodness...

I believe that I have all my shopping done, I know there are a couple people that I still need to buy for, but for the most part, I am done. Hope all of you are too..

This next weekend Michayla is singing at church, she has a solo part in a song they are singing. I can't wait to go and watch. She loves to sing, and does a great job of it. She reminds me of myself when I was little. I always had the radio on and I knew all of the words to most every song. Can't wait, my mom bought her a beautiful winter dress and she will look just adorable in it. I'll post about that then..

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Geez...sounds like a very busy weekend! Yep...Ella sure does keep me on my toes ;)