From the moment I found out I was pregnant with Clay I knew he was going to be special. He is the spitting image of his father, with the attitude and determination of his mother! From his first word "tractor" to him wanting to do everything on his own we have always known how special he would be. We are blessed to have him!
Clay loves to: go to Hells Canyon, drive Grandpa's boat, fish for sturgeon, bass and trout, usually can out fish most he is fishing with. Run the rapids with his grandparents and jump off sturgeon rock when he can.. He learned to water ski behind the boat this summer.


.jpg)
He loves to tear things apart and then tries to put them back together. He is tough, likes to play hard and get dirty. He's a protector when it comes to his sister. (Even if he doesn't think I know this)
He got his hunting license last fall, loves to go turkey, goose/duck hunting. He is Mick's shadow, anywhere he is Clay wants to be. He wants to do everything that Mick does and I think sometimes they act more like brothers than parent/child. He looks up to Mick, see's how hard his dad works and wants to be just like him when he grows up. I don't think he has a better role model than his dad..
He is smart. Gets A's & B's in school, loves to play baseball and football. This year he is going to venture into wrestling, his grandpa wrestled when he was younger, so he will be there to give pointers.
Clay is almost as tall as his mom, skinny like his dad, has long legs and beautiful hazel eyes. He hates to wear his glasses and wants to wear his contacts all the time.
Clay has definitely shown Mick and I the different aspects to being a parent. He challenges us like any kid does and also proves to us the rewards of our parenting. I am aware of how challenging the next few years will be for us, but I hope that the relationship that we have with him will only get stronger. I hope that he always comes to me for advice and that he always holds our family true to his heart!
I thank God everyday for bringing Clay into our lives. We adore and love him so very much!!
Happy Birthday to my baby boy, I hope the next 11 years are even more special for you!!!
1 comment:
I sure do love that kid! I remember us always saying, "what did we talk about before Clay?" Our life is so blessed with him in it.
Post a Comment