Well I have found my way back to the blogging world. SOO many things have happened and changed since my last post.
Let's see, where to begin. After almost being at my job for a year I decided to quit due to some unforeseen circumstances with one of the Dr's. It was not expected, just one day had enough and decided that I had better leave. It was very sad as I adored all of the gals that I worked with, but it is what it is and I am now back at home and have been for the past month.
We moved out of the house at the end of July and to our surprise we moved to my parents. It was kind of on a whim, decided in less than a week. At first I had a very hard time with it. I know it was my pride telling me that I am 30 ys old and I haven't lived at home since I was 17, what in the world am I doing??
After a lot of discussion, tears shed and Mick pretty much telling me that this is what we were going to do, I agreed.
My parents have been very generous, the have given up a lot for 4 additional people to move into their house. They have spent money where they didn't have to and re-arranged the house to accommodate the kids.
Clay has my old room and Michayla has Amanda's. Mom & Dad were nice enough to buy us a 31ft camper with slide out. **Originally we were suppose to move into Dad's shop, but I think after he really thought how little time he would get to spend in his second home, he decided to offer something else to us** We really have appreciated it. It isn't bad, a queen size bed, couch, table/booth, bathroom, bunk beds in the back, A/C, heat pretty much anything you could ask for.
Mick and I are able to spend a lot of alone time together. Every night we put the kids to bed then we come in here and have 2 whole hours to talk adult talk, and not worry about those little ears listening in.
I can't remember the last time I have played so much Uno, Aggravation, Battle Ship and Yahtzee. We have been having a fun time together as a family. We always eat dinner together every night. This move has definitely made our family have an even deeper bond with one another, my parents included.
This move will allow Mick and I to pay off some debt, save money and hopefully be able to buy a house next summer. Mick has a new job that he starts this Monday. It couldn't have come at a better time. One good thing is the benefits start in 90 days, something we've done without for too long.
The kids both start school on the 31st, I can't believe that Clay will be in Jr High, the same school Mick and I both went to and met each other at. 6th grade will be completely different for him, I hope he does well. Michayla will be in 3rd at a school just back behind my folk's subdivision. She has to walk to school something I am not too sure about yet. For now I will be walking her, she will ride her bike every day, good exercise for me I guess!!
I can't believe that Clay will be turning 11 years old in less than a week. Where has the time gone? Way too fast, he is almost as tall as me, and quite handsome.
A lot more has happened but that's a quick run down for now. This Sat is his B-day party and I'll be back to update about school. Clay has his orientation next Thurs to see his classroom and meet teachers.
1 comment:
Welcome back to blog land, I've missed you. I pray for you everyday Andrea, I love you so much!!
Post a Comment