Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roller Skating Madness!!

I think the idea to go roller skating was one of the best ideas ever! We ALL had a blast. There were more than 20 of us in attendance for Sis' B-day party, and just about everyone got out and skated.. After getting everyone through the door and then all of the presents stashed and blah blah, we were out in the skating rink.. I saw Mick and Clay out there first.

Mick said he was a little nervous too not having roller bladed since he was a kid, but he got out there and did a great job. Ash really wanted to skate, so Uncle Micky took her out there and had her skating between his legs in no time.




Mick's mom even got out there and skated, that was great! My poor friend Jennifer was going around w/ her daughter and fell, oh it looked so bad, I felt terrible..

It was a little difficult trying to manuver around on skates, to get all the gifts to the tables and presents and then gathere everyone all at the same time. Michayla recieved a lot of generous gifts from her family & friends! She is very thankful and had a great time.

Her little booty is hurting her this morning, as she fell a few times yesterday. I am sure there are a few other little one's who are hurting too. I was very nervous, having broke my legs a few years back I was just sure I would biff it and break it again. Michayla kept asking if I was going to skate and I told her I would attempt it. I did get out and skate, and did NOT fall at all, it made me feel like I was 10 yrs old again. TOO FUN!!
They had a race, Clay, Michayla, Kayla, Kaitlyn, Kimmie, Jessica, Jake, Cole, Mick, Jason D., Laura & I all raced around. That was fun too..








My sister posted a good picture of all of us adults for the race, Jason Dawson won and I think Mick was second, I of course was last, but atleast I got out there and did it.

We had a terrific time, and it seems like all of Michayla's friends did too. I can't wait to go back and just skate around with the kids again, it's definately a family outing now!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun!! I loved watching everyone on the beep, beep song. Too funny, still makes me laugh.

Yes, lets go again just for fun! Monday is half price day. ;o)

Cassie said...

How fun!! I love going skating ;) Cole's school has skate night once a month and it's a great price and they reserve the whole place...call me, we should make plans to go next month ;)

Christina said...

Everytime I go roller skating I think of you and Amanda skating and singing with me. Do you remember? You girls were always so much fun!!!