Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tully Happenings..

Goodness there has just been so much going on around here, I don't quite know where to start. The kids are liking school, I have a great feeling about Clay's teacher this year and he is putting a lot of effort into completing homework and getting things turned in on time. Reading, well he still hates that, but we will keep on him about doing it. Sis, she is doing great as well, always wanting to have homework and when she gets some, she is in such a hurry to get it done. All together I think it's been a good first month of school.

Mick has been working in Garden Valley/Crouch, it's been a little challenging sometimes but he comes home on Wed nights and the weekends. He's been home for the last week and it sounds like they might be leaving again on Monday to head back up there for a while.

I am not sure if I have blogged about it, but about a month ago I again started another job. It really sucked looking for one, but I had a suspision that when they hired me at the trailer place that I was just temporary until the daughter came back from maternity leave and my suspision was right, she came back, my hours were cut and then I was told they were laying me off. I wasn't too thrilled, I could have already been at another job if they hadn't hired me and I asked if I was temp and they said no, but oh well. I think I am back exactly where I need and want to be: working with animals at another Vet clinic. So far so good. I do work different hours everyday, but I think I am starting to like that, it gives me an opportunity to do things some mornings and then have some afternoons available to hang out with the kids after school. I am eager to learn a lot more about dogs/cats, and this place will give me the opportunity to become a Technician. Looking forward to it, plus having 2 dogs and a cat, it's a great discount if anything were to happen too..

Last weekend my mom, sister and I went to Seattle for my cousins wedding. I enjoyed getting out of the house and just going to a new place. The wedding was beautiful, on the lake at sunset and it was just gorgeous. I had fun with my "shop-aholic" mom and sister, but didn't enjoy ALL of the shopping malls we went to. It is so beautiful over there with huge green trees everywhere you look and drive, but it is so expensive to live over there, so nope, no ideas of moving anytime soon.
I do however have some funny sayings that happened to have got spoken over the weekend. It started with my mom saying something "funny," and turned into me writing down those funny sayings throughout the weekend. I will leave you with them:
(and remember my mom and sister kind of think and act a lot alike, so imagine them saying these as you read) :)

Mom- If I knew where I was, I'd have a glass of wine

Amanda- If we don't do it now someone will have to pee on the freeway

Mom- That's dang stupid

Mom- I forgot we don't have grandma with us

Uncle Jimmy- Walk up to the top of the hill for pictures, Mom- How do we get up there?

Mom- I'm too busy drinkin' and drivin'

Of course all of these were just hilarious as they were being said, and no my mom wasn't drinking anything but pop and water while driving.
It's kind of fun to write funny/weird things down after they've been said and say them back to the person who said them. And yes, my mom was just full of things she said this weekend that were funny/stupid.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

That's such a great idea to write down the funny things people say ;) I could have a whole notebook with yours alone!!

Anonymous said...

Oh good, Cass I'm glad you have some on Andrea...as you can see she didn't write down any she said! ;o) What a great idea sis, it was soooo much fun! Love ya!!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy!! I can totally hear both your mom and Amanda saying those saying as I read them!! Too funny!