Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Busy, busy..

Sorry this is a very long post.

Oh my gosh I have wanted to get on here and update everything but there has been so much going on that I haven't had time!
Lets start with a week ago. Michayla went on her first trip to Church Camp. She was very excited. When we got to the church she started to get a little nervous. Not knowing any of the kids, she made friends with one of the CIT (counselors in training) and they sat together on the bus. Once she got on the bus and was waving and blowing kisses all of the fear sat in and she started to cry, which in turn made me cry. I was so nervous for her, and hoped that she was going to have a great time! I kind of wished that they would hurry up and get going so that I didn't have to stand on the outside and watch her cry. I was able to get her to come to the door and give her a huge hug and kisses and wished her a happy great time!! Soon they were off. It was raining a lot that day so I prayed that they would make a safe trip up to McCall. On Tuesday Mick and I had both commented on the fact that we hoped she was having fun, but then we soon said that she would have made sure she could call us if she wasn't having fun.
It was a very LONG week. I have never been away from her that long, well not with people that I didn't know. She does go with my parents for 4 day trips to Hells Canyon but this was different. Anyhow, soon enough Friday came and I couldn't be any more excited!!
She had the best time! She made a lot of new friends and said that they had a blast. Made a cardboard boat that the tried to race in the lake, was thrown in the lake. Played a lot of games, sang songs and can't wait to go back next year.
**I would post pictures, but can't seem to find my camera right now**

Mick has been so busy working lately. Besides working a regular job he has had quite a few side jobs. If he knew that they would be constant he would just quit and go back to doing his own construction business, but with the economy it's just easier on us for him to work for a paycheck then to be guessing if he has jobs every week.
Anyhow he worked all week then took Friday off to do a job and then had another one for a friend of ours on Sat. I worked on Sat as well and afterwards went over and met Mick to pick up one of the trailers that he had there.
We went to dinner at Quiznos before going back to clean up the site. By the time we got home it was about 10p, Mick started complaining about his stomach hurting. He has had an issue with his stomach for quite a while. Every time that he eats, his stomach instantly hurts. He's talked about going to the Dr. but hasn't. Anyhow he didn't sleep all night. I woke up about 5:30a and he was out on the couch. I came out and asked him if he was alright? He woke up and said ok, then he stood up and instantly he felt a pain in his lower right abdomen. Instantly I thought, he has an appendicitus..AHHH, not what he wanted to hear. He kept saying that he was going to go fix fence up where he hunts and hoped that it would go away. Ok, if anyone knows Mick it is that he thinks that he has to be working or doing something ALL the time. I called my sister in law who is going to school to be a physician's asst and she agreed that he has something going on with his appendix.

L-O-N-G story short, we got to the hospital, they thought it was just a hernia and that would not require surgery right away. The Dr. wanted a CT scan of his abdomen. A grueling 3 hrs has gone by this time and finally we got the word that Mick had a hernia and an appendicitus. Surgery was scheduled for later that night. We had been at the ER since 12:30p and around 5 they admitted Mick to a room, and at 8:15 he was in the surgery ward. It was rather fast, and by 10:30p he was awake and back in his room.
I was so glad that all went well. The only thing Mick cared about all day was that he was starving and couldn't wait to eat!!! Right before he went into surgery he was asking me to bring him back a steak. He is so funny, with as skinny as Mick is you would never believe that he eats like a human disposal, he's kind of like a baby, has to eat every 2 hours.
Clay went with my parents Sunday fishing, and when he heard about Mick he as so concerned. He was crying and hoped that everything was going to be ok. Mick and Clay have a very special bond. They are very close and do most things together! Michayla was with us all day, her and Mick have a cute bond where she makes fun of him and he loves it. She kept telling him that he was going to have to wear a dress and it went on and on all day, they are too funny! My sister came and picked her up and she spent the night and Clay stayed with my parents.

*Funny side note* Mick and Laura have always said that they are eachother's boy/girl friends. Well the Dr. came in, introduced himself to Mick, I said I was his wife Andrea and then Laura says -straight faced- "and I am his girlfriend Laura." Oh my gosh it was hilarious, his eyes bugged out of his head and couldn't believe it. Mick says to him, "yea it's great when my wife and girlfriend get along." You should have seen his face, it was priceless. By the time we got down to the surgery floor, the Dr. had already told the surgery tech's and they were asking which one of us was who. We all got a good laugh out of that. They only wish..

Anyhow, Mick spent the night in the hospital, I then had to do all of the things Mick was suppose to do Monday morning. He has rented a skid-steer from a rental place and I had to take it back and have it there by 7am, then I had to go to his work and drop off all the tools that the guys he works with needed. Then back to the hospital. He as soo tired, and had asked me to go register his truck and do a few more things that he needed done. The Dr. had came early in the morning and said that he could go home after lunch if everything stays down.

Recovery has been good. Keeping Mick from doing things has been the hardest thing. He thinks he needs to be out weeding or watering the garden, or doing whatever he does outside all the time! He did go to work this morning, although he isn't working he had to go and line out a few jobs and look at some other's that are coming up.

I don't think that Mick will be forgetting this Father's Day this year!!

This week the kids are going to VBS with my sister. It's going to be another busy week. Clay goes to Church camp the 6-10th of July. He's looking forward to that.

I'll end my ramblings now. One thing that I realized with Mick being in the hospital is just how much he means to me. He is my very best friend, I rely on him for everything. I was a little nervous this being Mick's first time having surgery since we have been married. (He's so use to it with me) Anyhow, I don't know what I would ever do without him and I am so glad that God was watching over him and that all went well!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Busy busy was the perfect title for this post! Wow...I'm glad that Michayla had fun at camp and that Mick is going to survive :)