Sunday, November 9, 2008

Eyes in the back of my head...

Last night we went to my Aunt's house for a family get together dinner. My other Aunt and Uncle were here from Washington so we had a little get together. At the end of the night, Michayla went home with my parents to spend the night.
Clay and Mick got up early (well they got up late) but anyhow went with Jason H. to go Elk hunting. I spent the day doing pretty much nothing. Messed with the horses and dogs, cleaned the horse stalls and then waited for Sis to call me to pick her up.

I picked her up and we ran over to Walmart to deposit some Scentsy money in my accnt and buy a few things. She wanted a new book to read, so we bought one about Best Friends. On the way home she was reading to me. The words are a little out of her realm but she does really well most of the time. She would have difficulty with a word and most of the time she is right there but the word just isn't being pronounced well enough. I would say the word for her without looking at the book. After a few times of helping her she said to me, "Mom you really do have eyes in the back of your head don't you?" I laughed so hard, it was too funny!
She is such a good little reader, I love listening to her try to figure out what type of character voice to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one!

So Clay went hunting?

Cassie said...

You just let her keep thinking that you- it will come in handy!!