This weekend was our trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was just beautiful. We left our of here after the kids got on the bus, and after a few errands we ran we were on the road by 9. It was nice driving just Mick and I, we hadn't been on a long drive the two of us in quite some time. Although Mick's driving, bugs me most of the time, this trip he did pretty good and I didn't harp on him too much.
We made pretty good time, before we knew it, we were rolling up into Jackson Hole around 3p. At first, the directions from Mapquest weren't telling us we had gone the right way and I had to eventually call the lodge and ask them how to get there.
Quite a few years ago, my family and I use to go to Jackson Hole, I think we went a couple times during Memorial weekend. The last time I had been there was the summer of 8th grade. Driving through town, I remembered the hotel we had once stayed at, it honestly hasn't changed a bit. The ski lodge where we took the tram thing up the hill was there, only now it has tons of buildings surrounding it, and to me looked a lot like Tamarack.
Friday night we went into town, and had reservations at the Million Dollar Cowboy Diner. It was nice, Mick and I both had Buffalo Meatloaf, it was so tastey, then we went upstairs and sat on the saddles in the bar.. Not being much of a drinker, we ended up going back to the Lodge by 8:30p.
Sat we got up, drove back into town, did some shopping for the kids. (We soon realized that it wasn't going to be as cheap as say Hawaii was) The kids both got stuffed animals, Michayla requested a horse, and Clay got a Black Bear, Clay also got a camo hat and Sis got horse ear rings. Mick got a camo hat from the Bar and I got a pink/camo hat w/ Jackson Hole on it. We then found the Elk refuge, that place was just awesome. To look out over thousands of acres and see hundreds of Elk was just breath taking. They have 23,000 acres fenced off where the Elk come in the winter to be fed hay, and we were told that by this time of year they are all headed back up into the mountains, but because of the hard winter, there was still hundreds of them down by town..
We rushed back to the Lodge where we had our hour massages, Mick was pretty tense, so I am not sure if he really got to enjoy it, but I know I did. It was great.
We went for a drive into the Teton Mountains, and saw some moose, then back to town for dinner.
It seemed to go by really fast looking back, but we really did have a great time together. Don't tell Mick I told you this, but we kind of got bored and decided to play hide and seek in the room (don't let your mind go in the gutter) it was just something dumb and fun for us to do. Although we are both almost 30, we still know how to mess around and keep the kid alive in us both!! :)
Sunday morning came too quickly, and before I knew it we were packed and heading out of town. We stopped in Idaho Falls and saw our friends, and then back on the road again. I did learn a spendy lessson about our truck, when an Idaho State Trooper pulled me over for what he said I was going 87 in a 75. WOW, you say, well I know I wasn't. Since pulling on the highway in Idaho Falls, I set the cruise at 78, the limit being 75.. I didn't argue, but was really sure that he was trying to meet a quota for that day. :) I took and went on our way, this time setting the cruise around 68-70! We'll have to look into seeing about that..
The kids were very excited to see us, as we were them. Now I am home, doing laundry, cooking dinner and getting the kids off to bed. I will post photos, but probably not until tomorrow..
2 comments:
How fun, a weekend for just the two of you! PLEASE post the pic on here of Mick in his robe that you posted on My Space- it's great! I'm not surprised that you guys played hide and seek, you always do that ;)
So glad you guys had a good time. After 10 years you deserve a little alone time!
I'm happy you liked your Mother's day gift. You have a couple of great kids!
Post a Comment